Aurasma app - entering an augmented reality!
Aurasma enables you to watch any digital content via a trigger image - similar process to when you scan a QRCode but this content will play instantly. The user sets the trigger image via the app or desktop software and also attaches the video content they want displayed. I have attached an Aura to the front cover of a book! That means anyone who logs into the heyprestoproductions Aurasma account can scan any identical image and the Aura (video) will play instantly - thus entering an augmented reality.
Logging into Aurasma
1. Download the App from itunes or andriod store.
(seen on the left)
- Hold your idevice up to the image you want to scan and wait until the content loads
Understanding the toolbar...
Explore: Explore content within the Aurasma community (trending auras)
Create: Create your own Aura via your idevice
View: Scan 'trigger images' all around you
Search: Search for content on a particular theme
Profile: Access your account details - you can swap between multiple accounts/logins.
Ways to use Aurasma in the Music Classroom...
- So far, I have created an Aurasma billboard for the music incursion we had this term with the wonderful Jon Madin. Students can go up to the board, scan the images from the incursion and watch the hidden aura (video performance) from different year levels.
- Other ways I am intending to use this technology:
- Portfolio piece: print a hard copy of an Aura and create a performance portfolio piece
- Flipping the classroom activity: students can create their own instrumental tutor book. Each student could be in charge of creating a different page of the book, such as: how the recorder works, how to clean it, how to play different notes and show recordings of performance pieces.
Stay tuned for next week's blog post on how to create your own Aura's via a desktop computer and through the app.