Learn how to create your own Auras
If you are not entirely sure what the Aurasma app does and would like to learn how it works, click to read: What's 'appening' in your classroom?' blogpost 1
Creating an Aura via the app
1. Click 'create new aura' at top right hand corner of the page and click next to upload a 'trigger image' (the image you want the user to scan before the movie plays)
- The app wants you to create your overlay image first (the video or picture you want to see when you scan).
- You have two options 1) record from the camera or 2) use a video saved to your camera roll.
- In this example, I have selected the video from the camera roll
- Tip: The toggle down the bottom must reach green before the app will accept the trigger image.
3. Choose whether you want to share the aura as: ‘private’ or 'public.'
- Select finish and hey presto! Your aura has been created!
Private vs. Public Auras...
- As a workaround I have created a school music account and saved the content as 'private'. I have only shared the login details with students and parents within the school community. That way no one in the Aurasma community will be able search and find the school content that has student content. If you decide to print the auras as a display, again only people who can log into your private account would be able to view the auras.
- If sharing content between year levels is also an issue within your school, you could create separate year level accounts, such as: ‘music year 1’ account, ‘music year 2’ account etc.
- Older students will be able to set up their own personal account and create Auras instantly from their iPads. They would only be able to access their own personal Auras through their account (and not other students work).
- If you are not worried about keeping the content private, when you create your Aura, simply finalise it as a ‘public aura.’
- Public Auras can be accessed by anyone. Aurasma users would log into their own personal account and search for another Aurasma username or topic they want to see, such as: Buckingham Palace, select the content they are interested in and click ‘follow’ to view.
Hope you are inspired to start creating your own 'Auras' - feel free to contact me, more than happy to help you through any Aurasma issues you may be having!