Aurasma app continued...
When I was first getting used to the Aurasma app I made some funny 'auras' for some teacher colleagues using the minions as the trigger image.
When standing in line at the cinemas it just so happened that Village Cinemas had used exactly the same image as the trigger image I had already set up in the Aurasma app. So I immediately logged into my personal Aurasma account to see if it would scan the movie I attached...and Hey Presto! You can see from the video below that the movie instantly comes to life on my iPhone.
How can this be used in the classroom?
Here is the a video of me scanning the book 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' - performed by Judy Collins, paintings by Eric Puybaret published by Koala Books using the Aurasma app:
- 'Rap-a-tap-tap! Think of that!' by Leo and Diane Dillon - used an original video of the famous staircase routine of Bill Bojangles tapping with Shirley Temple from the movie 'The Little Colonel'. (June Bookclub Review)
- 'Every Little Thing' Three Little Birds by Bob Marley adapted by Cedella Marley - used a you tube clip of Bob Marley singing the song. (May Bookclub Review)
1. Simply take a picture or google the book title to find the exact front cover image.
2. Set as trigger image in the app / desktop version of Aurasma
3. Attach the video content that is relevant to the storybook. I usually find these examples on youtube.
For detailed instructions check out the following blog entry here - explaining how to create your own Auras via internet browser and Aurasma website or the Aurasma iPad app.
Would be great to hear how you have used Aurasma in your own classroom!!!